The development in technology has brought a lot of change in the way we connect, communicate, and even go to business and accomplish our obligations. One such technology that has brought a revolution in the communications space is telepresence.
What Is Telepresence Technology?
- Telepresence technology is a kind of robotic technology that offers stimuli to a user’s senses that influences them to feel as if they are in or having an impact in somewhere else other than their actual area.
- In telepresence technologies, users have a chance to affect a remote area. A user can have their actions, movements, and position and even voiced transmitted to another area. The information or data in this sense is transmitted to and from between the users and remote area.
Most Popular Application of Telepresence Technology
One of the most popular application of telepresence technology is telepresence video conferencing. This is the most urbane level of video telephony which permits an exceptionally enhanced feeling of devotion of both sight and sound than you will have in traditional video conferencing.
Advantages of Telepresence Technology
There are significant advantages that telepresence technology affords a business. The main features that influence businesses to go for a telepresence technology in their operations include;
- Reduction of travel expenses
- Improve productivity by saving time and resources while encouraging efficiency
- Reduction of environmental impact and carbon footprint
- Improve employee work life balance
All the above listed bring in a lot of time and cost advantages that are better than simply using traditional phone calls. There is improved customer service and productivity, reduced downtimes, and accelerated problem solution that comes along with telepresence technology for business.
A typical issue with telepresence technology is generally the level of accuracy that perception and detection take place. Harptics and sound perception require a lot of bandwidth to transmit signal.