Industry experts are confident that crowdfunding India will only expand as a business and continue to benefit more and more people in the coming decades, through crowdfunding India solutions for healthcare, social, personal, and creative needs. This is because, in India, a technological and internet revolution is underway. More and more people are using smartphones every year, and are opening accounts on social media platforms like Facebook (which is the most popular of these platforms in India), Instagram and Twitter. When new crowdfunding India campaigns are going live, campaigners are diligently sharing their fundraisers on social media and donations are coming in from donors who have come by the campaign on social media. More success stories in crowdfunding are being written each day.
What is interesting to note is that not many of those success stories are being written with the help of assiduous activity on Twitter. India has 23.2 million active monthly Twitter users, and yet there is much less donation soliciting happening on the platform than on Facebook, and even on Instagram. Much of this has to do with the average Indian’s lack of understanding of Twitter as a platform, and how it works, and how it can be leveraged easily to spread the word about their cause. In this article, we will show you how.
To crowdfund, keep this list of tips in your mind:
- Keep your appeal simple. Avoid difficult words and turns of phrase. Just ask for a donation and a share.
- Keep it short. Twitter has a post character limit of 280 characters, and instead of doing posts broken up into parts, finish your post in one installment.
- Post images. Twitter also allows video posting. Take advantage of this and create quick visual material to attract generous donors.
- Hashtags are your best friend when you are soliciting funding help on Twitter. Find the ones that resonate the most with your cause.
- Tweet to influencers. Some will be celebrities. Some will be stalwarts related to your project.
- Participate in Twitter public chats to establish a presence for yourself (or your brand).
- Participate in other people’s comment threads, making statements for things you believe in.
- Be honest. Be direct. Be yourself.
With these tips, crowdfunding India success through Twitter promotion will be yours. Distribute your marketing strategy across all available social media handles for best results. You never know where you might get a sudden, generous donation you were least expecting, perhaps from a person you don’t even know! Keep these things in mind when you fundraise.